Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Babies

      If you know me, you know I love kids, especially babies, especially toddlers. I love talking to kids, I love holding other people's babies, I love watching them play and learn to walk and be fascinated by the world around them. Unfortunately,  babies and toddlers in the MOHI clinic do not always feel the same way about me.
      Sometimes, like this morning, things don't go so well. Someone tries to bite me for taking his temperature. Someone else pees on the floor. A third child screams so loud throughout their consultation that I can't hear anything their caregiver tells me. Or some combination of the above. Days like those endear my adult patients to me.
      One other days, things go beautifully. There was a twenty pound eight month old who grinned toothlessly at me through her entire visit last week, giggling sporadically when I listened to her lungs and tummy. The little one pictured below did not cry once during her visit, and showed weight and development gains since her last visit.



    Those are my favorite clinic days.



No comments:

Post a Comment