Thursday, February 21, 2013

Grace and Antibiotics


     I spent the last three days working alongside a medical team that was holding clinics in remote areas. The clinic time was precious and productive. I was able to work alongside an experienced doctor who welcomes my questions and graciously taught me so much. Highlights from the clinic time included healthy, gorgeous six month old triplets, a beautiful hotel room, and my language skills improving to the point that I was able to communicate mostly on my own with my patients.
  The medical team was generous in both time and resources. At the final count, they left me with six suitcases and two boxes full of medical supplies. Friends, I was near tears at their kindness they displayed.  If you had told me January 9th that I would be doing that six weeks into my time here I would be stacking medical supplies in my room because I was running out of places to put them, I would not have imagined it possible. It turns out that once again, the Lord and I define what is possible differently.
  I am still processing so much of what I learned and saw this week. The days and nights were full of grace and I hope to share more stories with you all in the next few days. 
 In other news, some of you may remember me writing about Betsaida a few weeks ago. Friends, she is sick again with what looks like the same ailment. I am at a loss as to how to help her. Her symptoms do not fit what I know of the major medical issues here. Tomorrow she and I, her mom and one of the guys at our house are supposed to be going to the Petit Goave hospital to see what they say. There are so many prayer requests in the statement. Take your pick, but friends, please join me in prayer for Betsaida tonight.
As always, thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment