Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thoughts from this week



        This last week was incredibly busy. There was a team in from Orlando, so we visited different places a couple of times each day. In the mornings we visited schools and in the afternoons we either brought kids to the house or visited them in their neighborhoods. This week felt like a blur and I am definitely still processing much of what went on, but here are some of the highlights.
* Singing songs with the youngest class of kids at one of the schools we visited, especially when they  
   understood my broken Creole!
* Similarly, being able to talk with some of the kids about their ages, classes in school and families.
* Visiting schools and having kids call me by name, especially when I could remember their names too.
* Seeing a little girl from a few weeks ago who had had sores on her arm, and who is healing nicely
* Randomly meeting a medical team from Tennessee when we were at lunch. They bought us a (delicious!) 
   cake and helped me with something I needed advice on later in the week. More on that in another post.
* Watching teenagers from different cultures laugh together over card games and push-ups.
* Laughing in a truck full of kids as we ride down the street and they shout “Beep beep! Beep beep!”
* The holy moments where I’m holding a little one in my arms and see Christ. He is here, with these kids,
    with us. Working in them and in us, and it is precious.
  There were some tough times earlier this week with a little girl in one of the neighborhoods, but that turned into something beautiful too. I am still working out my thoughts regarding that time and will try to post more frequently this week. In the interim, will you continue to join with me in prayer for these people I am learning about? They are precious in the sight of God, made in His image. Pray that I would continue to learn what it means to treat them as such, as brothers and sisters and co-heirs of Christ? Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment