Monday, August 5, 2013

First Day!

    I arrived back in Haiti early Saturday morning and spent much of the afternoon familiarizing myself with the clinic and where things are in it. Pessimistic med/surg nurse that I am I immediately located the emergency equipment. You know, just in case. Today was my first clinic day and I am happy to report no one needed it!
   Seriously though, it was and is such a joy to be back in this country. I love being with these people, stumbling over my Kreyol and learning SO much from those around me. (On the medical side of things thank God and the nurse who usually runs this clinic for reference books and guides in med prescription and treatment!)
  I should be going into Port Au Prince tomorrow to follow up on treatment for a little boy with glaucoma and a young man with chronic leg ulcers. Will you join me in praying for them, for our travels and that they would get the care they need and deserve?
  I only have a few minutes for internet access, so I just wanted to give a quick update. I’m hoping to write a longer one later this week. Thank you all for your support and prayers. They are vital


No comments:

Post a Comment