Thursday, August 15, 2013

Surgery Updates

     I am delighted to report Wodnoson's surgery went well yesterday. He is scheduled to come home today, with a follow-up appointment on Monday in PAP. Please keep praying for his continued healing and recovery. (Side note: that little boy has absolutely melted my heart. If you know me, you know I say this all the time, but he really is the sweetest, most adorable child!)
    In other news, we took the next steps towards getting our other patient, Fritzon the medical care he needs yesterday. He is 24 years old and has been suffering form chronic leg ulcers for the last four years. He has sickle cell anemia, which means the circulation in his legs is very poor, which is part of why they have not healed. Fritzon needs surgery to improve the circulation in his legs, so that his ulcers can heal. After talking with the surgeon and the hospital, it looks like his surgery is going to cost around $600 US. I have never done this before, but I am asking for donations towards the cost of his surgery. Donation information can be found here. You can donate either online or by mailing in a check. Please mark surgery costs in the memo line. To be perfectly honest it feels a little weird asking for money to support something I care about, but it matters that this man get the medical care he needs. Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment