Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Grieving


It has been a heavy couple of days here. Yesterday there was a fire in our neighborhood, killing one child, seriously burning another and destroying a family’s belongings. We are all grieving in our ways. I would have liked this post to be saturated with hope. I would have shared about the neighbor who rescued the baby from the fire, or the way the community has stepped in to assist the family. I would tell you about the opportunities we have had to literally love our neighbors, and the incredible compassion of the people I work with; but I'm just not there yet. 
Right now, I would rather we hadn't had those opportunities. I would rather see a little girl in uniform, barrettes bobbing as her mama and baby sister walk her to school in the morning. I would rather see a blue tent on a hill, with neighbors waving. I would rather not have firsthand knowledge of how deeply the people around me will share in another's pain.

Will you join with us in praying for this family as they start from scratch? There’s a toddler facing some serious burn care and a mama who has to rebuild a life as she grieves the loss of a child. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment