Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Bless Back Clinic

    We have a Bless Back Worldwide medical team working alongside our staff this week, providing patient care and community health teaching. It is always a joy for me to work with our partners at Bless Back towards our shared goal of high quality, dignified healthcare for all of our patients. The first few days in clinic have flowed incredibly smoothly, for which I am exceedingly thankful.


The triage and intake area, where we check patients in and take their vitals.


Becky and Ancitho providing medicine teaching in the pharmacy.


Nurse Matha and Student Nurse Baby checking vitals as patients wait in line to be seen.


It's hard to be still for a length check when there are so many interesting things to grab at.


So thankful for our dental team!


Everyone was charmed when this precious girl spent the day grinning at us. 


     In the midst of clinic weeks like this, with so much going on, I often find myself becoming ultra task-oriented, caught up in completing the next thing that needs to be accomplished, or untangling the latest snafu. It's easy for me to get so harried in managing the administrative tasks of keeping the clinic running that I forget to really see the human beings in front of me. I don't love this fact about myself.
       Yesterday, I ran across the excerpt Prayers for a Privileged People by Walter Brueggemann and it resonated deeply.

"Give us some distance from the noise,
some reserve about the loud success of the day,
that we may remember that our life consists
     not in things we consume
     but in neighbors we embrace."

Let it be to me Lord. Amen.

(Thanks to Melissa Roper from Bless Back Worldwide for the clinic picutres.)

1 comment:

  1. Really a nice post
    "Your spine have chiropractic professionals who work on the human problems (i.e. head ache, back pain, neck pain, low back pain, numbness). Our practices are unique by delivering high quality chiropractic adjustments within a friendly environment" />
    http://yourspine.hk/backpain-and-chiropractic-care/

    ReplyDelete