Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tomorrow!


Tomorrow morning I board a plane for Haiti. I am so excited to be pursuing what is for me a lifelong dream (seriously, who gets to do that at barely 25). I am humbled and grateful at all the ways the people close to me have loved me in the last few weeks. I am in awe of how the Lord has provided already. Those are the fun and easy emotions and I am savoring them.  I am also anxious and a little overwhelmed at what lies before me. Partially because I have no idea what lies before me, but also because I am so very aware of how much I cannot do this thing on my own. The God I serve is big, and loves these people more than I could ever hope to. I really believe those things, and I am clinging to them in the times of doubt, but it helps when others remind me of these truths.
So, will you join me in prayer for the next few days? Pray for my family as we finish our good byes. Pray for those I am going to work with as we get to know one another better and learn to labor together. Pray for my heart and especially my emotions. I have a lot of them tonight. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. So excited about your journey - will be praying for you!!! And your requests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah: you, your family, and new adventure are in my thoughts and prayers. When I told some people one of my friends was moving to Haiti, they asked, "Are you sad/worried/"? No matter how many different emotions arise out of knowing you will be spending a long time in Haiti, joy is by far the thing I feel most. I know God is going to use you in big ways. :)

    (wooly)

    ReplyDelete