Wednesday, January 15, 2014

MOHI clinic on the go!

    It has been another whirlwind week so far in the MOHI clinic! Monday and Tuesday we had an ophthalmologist from another group in the area come to our clinic to see patients. I love when we get opportunities to address needs like that which can so often go unmet. We also spent some time doing follow-up from the medical team that was here last week and preparing for another group that came in Tuesday night that includes medical providers.
   Before I left in November, the mission received a long yellow bus, packed and outfitted as a mobile medical clinic. The bus includes a space for consulting and examining patients (with a table!), room for a pharmacy, seats for when we are travelling and even a bathroom for longer trips. If you know me at all, you know I love community health and working to extend healthcare access. This bus opens up so many opportunities for the MOHI clinic to expand our services and meet people where they are. I am pretty much beside myself with excitement.
   Today we unpacked the bus and began the process of inventorying the supplies that we will pack the bus with. We are planning to do clinic in some mountain areas this week and next week, trying out our new capabilities. If all goes well, I will get to see some new areas and some old friends.
 As I said in my previous post, I am so grateful for the opportunities that 2014 is presenting me with. So many blessings have rained down in the last few week, I have barely had time to catch my breath and number them. Will you continue to join with me in prayers of gratitude for grace poured out, and for wisdom in our health care decisions with all of the new opportunities opening up? Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment