Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Born yesterday


      Well, I have a new personal record for youngest patient seen in the MOHI clinic. A beautiful (healthy!) day old baby girl came in this morning for a consultation. We were pretty excited. I picked her up and we called a couple of other people to come in and admire her. Then we all stood around and discussed how perfect she was and how delighted we were to meet her.
      After a bit, a couple of other people offered to take her from me so I could finish my work. I declined. Accusations of "baby hog" may have been tossed around. The thing is, I obviously had to hold her the entire time I was charting. It was vital to the record keeping process.  At some point during all the excitement, she fell asleep in my arms, at which point I melted into a puddle on the floor. All in all, it wasn't a bad Tuesday in the clinic.


                              




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to me! I have also, on more than one occasion, been called a "baby hog". Doesn't bother me any.

    ReplyDelete