Saturday, April 26, 2014

Open my eyes


          The last few weeks have found me so caught up in the day to day workings of the clinic and life here that I have hardly taken time to breathe, let alone notice the things going on around me. I have allowed daily challenges, frustrations, distractions and plain old busyness to keep me from really seeing the people and events surrounding me. I don't say this with pride, especially since these have been the weeks surrounding Easter, one of the most important days of the years to me. As I was praying my way through how to reorient myself, I stumbled across the following prayer from the Book of Common Prayer, and was instantly smitten.
“O God, whose blessed Son made himself known to his disciples in the breaking of bread: Open the eyes of our faith, that we may behold him in all his redeeming work; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.”
        This has so been the prayer I would have put into words if I could have. Lord, let me behold You in all Your redeeming work. Teach me to see beyond the day to day struggles to the ways You are in action. Forgive my distracted heart, and open my eyes to see the ways You are already on the move here. Amen.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment