Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Conference

     I believe in the communion of saints. This weekend was our annual conference. It was filled with guest speakers, visitors and joy. Sunday morning was particularly poignant. Dawn found us at a baptism service. The sun broke over the mountains as hope songs were sung and brokenness and tears were shed. I believe in the communion of saints.
    I believe in the communion of saints. After a worship service brimming with music and gladness, we held communion. Or partook in the Eucharist. Or had the Lord's Supper. However you want to word it, the bread and wine were present. The invitation was given by the man who baptized the founder of our mission. The wine was given out by one of our pastors. The bread was given out by a pastor of passionate prayer, and men and women from all over this country ate and drank, remembering together body broken and blood poured out. I believe in the communion of saints.
   I believe in the communion of saints. We had people from Texas, North Carolina, Missouri, Mirebalais, Leogane, Lagonave and our own neighborhoods overflowing our benches and spilling into our yard. There was laughter and dancing, prayer and a remembering of the mighty works our God has done. The worship did not always look like what I am used to, but I think it was a foretaste of what "thy kingdom come" could mean. I believe in the communion of saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment