Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Routine

      I have fallen into a routine (or alternatively, a rut) recently. I get up work-out, eat breakfast, yell at the cats for trying to steal my breakfast, go to clinic, and see patients. I spend the afternoons trying to balance catching up on clinic tasks with the demands of the kids that come in to hang out. Then I go home, contemplate cleaning my room, pick up a book instead, read for awhile and go to sleep. The next day, I get up and do it again. Saturdays are catch up on everything that didn't get done this week days, and Sundays are church. In between it all I do a lot of sweating.
    I do not thrive on routine. At all. I like change, adventure and not really being able to predict what tomorrow will look like. The routine leaves me feeling like I don't have anything to blog about. The days blur together and I end up with a series of blog posts that are mostly pictures.
     In my numbness at my routine, I can lose sight of the grace filled moments in my day. Ample time laughing with my gaggle of half grown boys. Favorite foods from the coworker whose gift is hospitality and who knows how much I love his wife's coking. The steady stream of people who have been checking on me with the Edmes out of the country. The taken for granted grace of medicines working like I want them to for some of my sicker patients. My life is filled with blessings, and in my day to day life I don't want to miss it. I don't want to grow familiar with the blessing and miss the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment