Friday, September 6, 2013

Adventures!

 Yesterday we also traveled hiked to an area called Bassin Bleu to celebrate a birthday. I always love the Haitian sense of how far a place is, compared to the American sense. As far as I can tell, it is never actually "jut a few minutes." Although longer than expected, I really cannot complain about the hike, since it looked like this...



As a girl who drinks in beauty to feed my soul, I could not have asked for a more perfect day.



Towards the end of the hike we climbed down some rocks using footholds and a rope. I also jumped off a forty foot cliff. So basically I faced almost all my fears one after the other.
 

At the end we swam in this pool. I could not get a picture, since my camera is not waterproof, but there is another waterfall past the rocks. So much beauty. So much grace.


The view of Jacmel from the car on the way back down.


And finally, the view on the way home. A spectacular finish to our trip!






No comments:

Post a Comment