Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bwe dlo

                Probably the most common thing I tell my patients in clinic and the people I talk to outside of clinic is to drink more water. It is a standard part of almost any teaching I do whether they have arthritis pain, headaches or a cold. The kids I hang out with every day know to tell me how much water they drank before they ever ask me for anything. It has become a running joke between us.

                Recently it seems like every person I come across, inside or outside of clinic has had a cold. Of course, I have been telling all of them to drink more water. It was only a matter of time before I caught a cold, too and it is now my turn. The boys I see every day (ranging in age from 8-14) are taking great delight in telling me to drink water. Every time I see them. I had that conversation with them twice in the time it has taken me to type these two paragraphs. I may be the most hydrated girl in Haiti right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment